Friday, March 16, 2007

teens today

Well I've talked to my daughter a lot this week, what due to her boyfriends dad hitting the roof over his son but it turning into a frightening verbal, physical attack on her young man! Sarah has sadly grown up with the more violence in the home than the average, due to her brother having such a bad phase of blowing his top and the grabbing a knife and going for the person that dared to say "No". This resulted in all knifes, forks and any thing with a sharp edge being locked in the garage! and eating was a hard time. So she had it hard. I have to say that she knew it was due to his disability and that he saw all sorts of "head" people to help with it , so it came as a shock to her that a "normal" adult man can just go like a toddler on coffee!
Then I get text for more money due to the fact she has gone over drawn at her bank!!!!! Like my wonderful partner says "You can be mad but we both know that by Monday you will bail her out!" Oh how true! I try not to help on these things as how is she to learn, but then I think "mother guilt" and the money slides over to her account. Well we shall see how long I can hold out! I think due to seeing it head on I'll try not to help her, keep you posted, us sad guilt riddled mothers.

No comments: